Sunday, April 6, 2008

Prophet Muhammad's Wisdom (II)

Peace of God and His mercy to you.

In this post I will continue on showing Prophet Muhammad's, Peace Be Upon Him, wisdom.

Prophet of Mercy
Prophet Muhammad, Peace Be Upon Him, did not treat people who hurt him in the same way they did. Here is a great example of his mercy:

'A'ishah, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah be pleased with her, reported:
She said to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him): Messenger of Allah, has there come upon you a day more terrible than the Day of Uhud. He said: I have experienced troubles from your people, and the hardest treatment I met from them was what I received from them on the Day of Al-'Aqabah. I betook myself to Ibn 'Abd Yalil bin 'Abd Kulal with the purpose of inviting him to Islam, but he did not respond to me as I desired. So I departed with signs of (deep) distress on my face. I did not recover until I reached Qarn Al-Tha'alib. When I raised my head, lo! near me was a cloud which had cast its shadow on me. I looked and lo! there was in it the angel Gabriel who called out to me and said: Allah, the Honored and Glorious, has heard what your people have said to you, and how they have reacted to your call. He has sent to you the angel in charge of the mountains so that You may order him what you wish (him to do) with regard to them. The angel in charge of the mountains (then) called out to me, greeted me and said: Muhammad, Allah has listened to what your people have said to you. I am the angel in charge of the mountains, and your Lord has sent me to you so that You may order me what You wish. If You wish that I should bring together the two mountains that stand opposite to each other at the extremities of Makkah to crush them in between, (I would do that). But the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said to him: I rather hope that Allah will produce from their descendants such persons who will worship Allah, the One, and will not ascribe partners to Him. Source: al-islam

The Prophet was able to kill the people, but he was merciful and faithful in God.

In the end...
Make sure you control yourselves at times of hardship :)