Friday, June 6, 2008

Seeking The Truth About Islam

Peace of God and His mercy to you.

I was looking for information about Daud Matthews, a Counselor working in Reading Islam, on Google and I found the following comment on a blog's post:

Dear Friend,
I am a non-Muslim and would like to thank all those who took the time yesterday to explain and help me develop a greater understanding of Islam at the Islamic Awareness Week event.

I enjoyed the lecture from David Matthews and wished I had been able to attend the previous lecture on Sharia law.

I think it is very sad that so often the media only appears to focus on a negative portrayal of the Islamic faith. I have been fortunate to spend time in Muslim countries, Malaysia, Indonesia and Indian Kashmir and admire the discipline and strength of belief I witnessed and the kindness and hospitality I received throughout my visits.

Thank-you

Carol Grayson


Surely, the best way to learn about Islam is to listen and interact :)